Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July 4th and Turning 22

I am now just 2 days away from finishing my summer practicum and will be taking my finals next Friday. This summer session has gone by so quickly. 


Vacation officially begins in 10 days!

I got my Fall practicum assignment!! I will be working at the Baylor Rehabilitation Institute with in patient and out patient adults that need speech and language therapy. I will find out specifics in the next couple weeks but it is exactly where I wanted to be! Luckily all my classes and practicum
 are no more than 5 miles away from my apartment. 

Russell and I went to his lake house this July 4th. It was so relaxing and enjoyable to be on the lake for the first time all summer. I was excited just to lay in the sun and enjoy the water. I felt like it was a mini-vacation. His cousin, sister and our friend Josh were able to come spend time with us up there and we found some fun places to explore in Livingston, TX (which was hard to do). Our favorite location was Buster McNutty's. It was a little bar/dance hall complete with pick up trucks, trailers, cowboy hats, and overalls (a very stereotypical Texas environment). I'm not sure we fit in but it was still a fun night.  

I'll be traveling to Austin this weekend to celebrate my birthday with friends and family! It is weird to think this time last year I couldn't wait for my birthday. Somehow 22 isn't nearly as exciting. I haven't really had time to think too much about it. I'm sure I will have an amazing time though. 

0 comments: