Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Weddings, midterms, and wine

Tonight marks the end of a busy week. From last Tuesday until tonight there has not been much of a break.  After moving all week I flew to Houston Friday night for my cousin's wedding weekend.  I normally would be quiet annoyed by a flight delay but sitting in the airport for 3 hours gave me time to finish all my notes for a midterm I had on Monday afternoon. That meant little to no studying during the weekend of celebrations!

Russell picked me up from the airport and we had dinner and played scattergories with my aunt, uncle and cousins. Saturday afternoon was Whit's bridal shower, followed by a dinner celebration with Russell's family for his dad's birthday. Sunday was a pretty lazy day until the wedding at 7:00.  My cousin looked beautiful and everything went as planned. It was really nice to see my entire family in the same place at the same time in what seems like forever! With a wonderful Sunday night of dancing and celebrating came a very tired Monday!  This is where things went downhill....the first TWO MIDTERMS of graduate school....

I was exhausted from the 6 a.m. flight to Dallas (which was also delayed) and then followed that by studying for a midterm and preparing Monday night another one Tuesday! Needless to say, I am alive thanks to Cafe Brazil.  Who knows how the tests went but I will hope for the best! 

Now I sit, relaxing with a glass of wine, watching Friends in my new apartment that I can finally start enjoying!

Congratulations to Whitney and Brian!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

hey robin! it's sarah begin. found your blog and love the background! i need to see you now that you're in dallas! love ya!

Amy said...

fam! i would LOVE to see you so please let me know if you do come to florida. hope all is well in dallas!

Ashley said...

umm family...how come I just now found out that you have a blog?? Miss you, hope things are going well!