I haven't updated this in a very very long time! Tomorrow is my comprehensive exams for grad school. That means 4 essays that decide whether I graduate from grad school or not. I'll let everyone know how they go. I'm hoping and praying it goes well!!! Thanks for everyone who has supported me through this semester and all of grad school, yall are truly amazing! Update will come soon on whether I pass or fail!
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Monday, August 31, 2009
I have finished my first week of my last semester of grad school....now that's a mouth full! It was definitely a new experience and my practicum is going to be a great experience. I really think my supervisor is going to challenge me and that I will learn a ton from her! Now most of you that talk to me know about the eccentric case load that a county hospital (Parkland) brought me. While I'm sure I will have some great stories this semester is going to be a lot different. Two really great things: 1. My supervisor is the only SLP on staff so I get to see anything and everything under the sun 2. I'm going to be able to sit in on a brain surgery at some point during the semester. As far as my caseload goes it looks more like I will have lung transplants, cystic fibrosis patients, general medical problems, and stroke patients. I definitely have set some goals for myself this semester! I really hope (since it is my last semester...in case no one has figured that out!) to be more independent so that when I take on the responsibilities of an actual job I'm confident and as proficient as possible. I think this will be a great place to have that experience.
Posted by Robin at 5:58 PM
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Sadly I have concluded my last summer vacation. It was definitely eventful and relaxing at times and ended rather abruptly.
Posted by Robin at 2:29 PM
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Posted by Robin at 2:56 PM
Monday, June 29, 2009
Posted by Robin at 5:37 PM
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
So I live at Vue at Live Oak in an efficiency apartment. I LOVE being by myself and having my own space finally. Biggio has not gone insane...yet. I need to get him a friend but puppy training in downtown Dallas would be ridiculous. My goal is to have a dog as my graduation present to myself come December if I can wait :-). Okay so here they are!
Posted by Robin at 5:13 PM
Monday, June 22, 2009
- I moved to my new apartment
- Betsy came back a month early from Europe (I was totally surprised and so excited)
- Betsy, Christopher, Lara, Nat, and Aaron's birthdays were this past June
- Steph, Meagan, Angelica, and Myself are all having birthdays soon!! (and I always thought I was SO young)
- I'm completely obsessed with "How I met your mother"
- I have 5 months until graduation...and have no idea what I will be doing :-)
- Planning river trips and trips in general during my month long vacation (in 3.5 weeks)
- Texas is in the college world series...hook'em
- Mamma Mia is this weekend and Wicked is in a month!
Posted by Robin at 6:36 PM