Tuesday, July 22, 2008

One month of Vacation

I have officially finished one semester of graduate school and only have four more to go!  I'm pretty sure I passed everything (just kidding mom and dad),  I did. 


My birthday turned out to be amazing. Although it took a fews day for me to be excited about turning 22 I couldn't have asked for a better birthday. Russell came to Austin on Thursday where we had an amazing dinner cooked by my one and only sister, the chef! She cooked an amazing trout, with sides of asparagus and what I like to call $15 Macaroni and cheese. It was delicious, amazing, and extra cheesy. My favorite part about my sister's cooking is that whenever she is trying a new recipe she apologizes a thousand times that it might not turn out okay. Not once, ever, has it not turned out to be amazing.  So, on that note I feel like anyone that has catering needs or wants a dinner cooked for them should contact her on her website: Cheffonade 

The Friday night after my birthday was of course downtown on 6th. A small group of us went and had a wonderful time. Unfortunately alcohol seems to hurt all of us a little more these days. 

Dallas life is still going well.  I found another place last week (thank you Kelly!) to study. The name of it was BuzzBrews. It was amazing. A small diner type, with GREAT coffee, open 24 hours,clean and better service than Cafe Brazils. It was a great place to sit and study the night away for one of my finals! Besides that, our apartment has been lacking A/C pretty much since the 2nd day we moved in. It goes out constantly. While I love sweating and calling our apartment maintenance every few days.... I would like to have a trouble free apartment sometime soon! They are supposedly fixing the problem "for good" today!  I've also been told that about 5 times. Note that at this moment, July 22, 7:40 am it is 88 degrees in my apartment. I couldn't imagine a better morning!

0 comments: