Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Learning mommy skills....

We aren't at Baylor anymore....we went to happy hour yesterday hosted by the local NSSLHA chapter and had drinks with our professors! It is so much more relaxing and inviting!

Classes/Clients: This week was the first week with our little clients.  I know there is a lot I can't say on here because of HIPAA laws but I will explain some of the basics. We have 12 kids most are around 2 to 3 years of age.  They all have different disorders but one thing is consistent among all of them they like to cry, snot, and make messes.  I suppose all of us are not only learning therapy techniques but how to play the "mommy role."  One girl has already swapped spit with one of her kids. She was holding him in the air and drool dripped in her mouth...the best part...he was smiling and happy for the first time all day so she resisted being completely disgusted.  I think we all have stories about this. I come home covered in tears and snot most of the time from the kids burying their heads in my stomach. They are adorable though! 

On another note, Russell and I went into Austin this weekend to get Biggio and relax.  It was an awesome time and we got to do lots of Austin-like things. I'm still searching for those places in Dallas.  So far have found some GREAT restaurants...still no local coffee shop so starbucks is still the staple. Any recommendations?? 

Update on the hotel: The smell of teriyaki is finally gone...YAY!!!!

Here are pictures of where I spend most of my day and the current hotel I'm in:


               

0 comments: