Thursday, June 19, 2008

New apartment and thanks mom :-)

It is official. I am out of the hotel and into my apartment. It has been a crazy week of moving/studying/classes but all went as well as it could have. My mom came up to help me unpack (THANK YOU!) and I couldn't have done it without her. Lots of shopping and spending money but I found some really great deals on furniture. Anyone is welcome to come visit now that I have a bed and more than just a small room to entertain you in!! 

We are exactly 3 weeks away from being finished with my practicum. It has been a whirlwind but I have learned so much. It amazes me how much they surprise me everyday.  I definitely have no desire to work this age but needless to say I have learned a lot. I meet with an advisor tomorrow to set up my schedule for the fall. It is flying by! 

So this weekend I will be heading to Houston for my cousin's wedding and to stay with Russell's family (again). They have been so nice as to not make me stay in a hotel (again) while I'm staying there. She is getting married on Sunday with shower festivities on Saturday afternoon. It should be really fun and I'm looking forward to seeing all of my family in the same place at the same time for the first time in forever.  

Here are some pictures of my new apartment, very brief but it is a work in progress: 

 
Living room with new coffee table I bought!! 
 
My Bedroom 

The Pool!!


The Front of the Complex!

0 comments: