Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer update!

SO I guess it has been forever since I updated anything on my blog. So here it goes...

I finished up my internship at Parkland in the May and started working on an independent study with the head of the speech therapy department at Parkland. I'm creating their family education materials for TBI, stroke, dysphagia, etc. I'm also compiling a new student manual for their program. So it definitely takes up a lot of time but the perks: I don't have to make comps study materials this Fall! I will have summaries/study materials already created. SO when I start attempting to study for my comprehensive exams in August I'll be a step a head. Forced to not procrastinate, thankfully!

I'm in two different practicums which I'll explain at a later time. Basically one I love (adult setting) and one I'm counting down to the final day (kid setting). Surprised?? I do love the little boy I'm working with, he is adorable when he isn't screaming :-).

In other EXCITING NEWS....
  • I moved to my new apartment
  • Betsy came back a month early from Europe (I was totally surprised and so excited)
  • Betsy, Christopher, Lara, Nat, and Aaron's birthdays were this past June
  • Steph, Meagan, Angelica, and Myself are all having birthdays soon!! (and I always thought I was SO young)
  • I'm completely obsessed with "How I met your mother"
  • I have 5 months until graduation...and have no idea what I will be doing :-)
  • Planning river trips and trips in general during my month long vacation (in 3.5 weeks)
  • Texas is in the college world series...hook'em
  • Mamma Mia is this weekend and Wicked is in a month!
So, I will post pictures soon of the new apartment....when it isn't a disaster like it is at the moment. Till then here is a view of the outside :-) My apartment is actually on the right 3rd floor next to the balcony.





0 comments: