Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day Antics

Russell and I spent the weekend at his lake house off Lake Livingston to "celebrate" Valentine's Day. Most girls would love to have a boyfriend that willingly celebrates v-day and I do love it but I'm also cursed. Despite all of my previous bad luck it turned out to be such a great weekend and we couldn't have asked for better weather! Biggio got to take a road trip up there with me and had a weekend of chasing bugs and rolling around in dirt/dust. Needless to say if he was a dog he would be getting a bath but since he still has back claws I'm not risking it!


Anyway, we basically spent the weekend watching movies, sleeping, cooking, and making numerous trips to wal-mart. A few adventures were inevitable with my bad luck but all turned out for the best. We decided Saturday afternoon to take the boat out on the lake, fish and relax. Relaxing was about the last thing we did. The boat died in the middle of the lake with no other boats around! I mean...who goes out on the lake mid-February besides us right? Oh, did I mention there was a storm heading straight for us at this point! Of course we both became meteorologist and predicted how long it would be before it got to us and at what point we should call the police to come rescue us! Luckily after about 20 minutes of waiting and a panicked phone calls to Russell's parents, I saw boat was in the distance and I said something to the extent of "boat, BIG ARMS, yell" to Russell and we got their attention. They towed us into his dock and about 15 minutes later the storm hit. We were dry and warm thank goodness!! It was a very laughable situation even at the time we both couldn't stop laughing at how stupid we were! I think we even resorted to sweet talking the engine a few times. So that was our big adventure of the weekend. A few minor freak outs about big spiders and roaches throughout the weekend but nothing on or near me so I won't complain.


The biggest excitement of the weekend is that I am now the owner of a Wii. I have been wanting one for quite some time now and finally broke down and bought it. Thank you to the GameStop in Livingston, TX! I'll take any recommendations on games. I think Russell is just excited he never has to think of presents for me again since there will always be fun Wii games for us to play :-).

1 comments:

haley. said...

Haha Robin, you are too funny! All I ever update my blog with are song lyrics, but I am thinking about starting a legit one... maybe ;) I'm going to read yours now too!